Campaign to save St. George's RAF Chapel of Remembrance, Biggin Hill

The chapel was built in 1951 and is a simple brick building copying the style of the original station chapel destroyed in 1946. It is a memorial to air crew who died flying from the Biggin Hill sector during WWII. There are 17 beautiful stained glass windows and many mementos of those who served in the RAF and Allied Forces.

By March 2016, the Royal Air Force/Ministry of Defence are withdrawing all support from the Chapel. If no one or group takes on the responsibility of this magnificent Memorial Chapel, it will be closed without access to the public or church services.

To vote to keep St. George's RAF Chapel of Remembrance open please click on the following link: https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/73191

BridieComment