Exciting new fundraising event - become an Aerobility Wingwalker!
Date: Friday 26th May, 2017
Location: RFC Rendcomb Airfield, The Whiteway, Cirencester, Gloucestershire, GL7 7DF
In partnership with: AeroSuperBatics - find the website here
For more information on how to secure your place visit www.aerobility.com/wingwalk
- Pledge to raise a minimum of £600 in support of Aerobility, to guarantee a zero cost wing walk for the participant.
- If you are unable to raise a minimum of £300, this will result in the participant being invoiced the sum of £300 to reimburse Aerobility for the price of the wing walk.
IMPORTANT safety requirements each Aerobility Wingwalker must meet:
- Be at least 18 years old.
- If over the age of 65 years old provide a doctor’s note, clearly stating the person in question is fit and able to take part in a wingwalking experience.
- Be no taller than 6ft / 183cm.
- Be no heavier than 13 stone / 82.5kg.
- Have a waist measurement including layers of warm clothing and a jacket of no more than 40 inches / 102 cm.
- Be able to climb completely unassisted up to and down from the top wing of one of our Boeing Stearman biplanes. This is a steep climb of approximately 10ft / 3m, involving a high leg lift up on to the bottom wing and another high leg lift to get over the side of the cockpit, kneeling and pulling yourself up using the various struts and wires to get on to the top wing.
- Be able to withstand the strong wind pressures experienced while flying at speeds of up to 130mph.
- Meet all listed health requirements stated in the application form provided.
The Wingwalking Experience
Following a full instruction and safety briefing, each Aerobility Wingwalker will be flown by one of the AeroSuperBatics wingwalking display pilots, taking to the skies on the top wing of a biplane and experience an exciting series of flypasts, zoom climbs, steep dives and banks in front of the family and friends you bring along on the day.
Each wingwalking experience lasts approximately 10 minutes.
We plan to make it a fun event for all your friends and family supporting you, and create a real party atmosphere throughout the day.