Friday 26th May, 2017
RFC Rendcomb Airfield, The Whiteway, Cirencester, Gloucestershire, GL7 7DF
In exchange for your fundraising efforts, Aerobility will cover the cost for each of our Wingwalkers to take part. To protect this investment by our charity, we will ask each participant to kindly agree to the following important terms:
- Pledge to raise a minimum of £600 in support of Aerobility, to guarantee a zero cost wing walk for the participant.
- If you are unable to raise a minimum of £300, this will result in the participant being invoiced the sum of £300 to reimburse Aerobility for the price of the wing walk.
We will actively support you to achieve your £600 pledge with your very own dedicated webpage and fundraising portal, as well as helping to promote this incredible event.
For more information
Laura@Aerobility.com - 0303 303 1230
In partnership with: AeroSuperBatics
- Be at least 18 years old.
- If over the age of 65 years old provide a doctor’s note, clearly stating the person in question is fit and able to take part in a wingwalking experience.
- Be no taller than 6ft / 183cm.
- Be no heavier than 13 stone / 82.5kg.
- Have a waist measurement including layers of warm clothing and a jacket of no more than 40 inches / 102 cm.
- Be able to climb completely unassisted up to and down from the top wing of one of our Boeing Stearman biplanes. This is a steep climb of approximately 10ft / 3m, involving a high leg lift up on to the bottom wing and another high leg lift to get over the side of the cockpit, kneeling and pulling yourself up using the various struts and wires to get on to the top wing.
- Be able to withstand the strong wind pressures experienced while flying at speeds of up to 130mph.
- Meet all the listed health requirements stated in the event application form.
AeroSuperBatics have been in the display flying business for over 30 years, specialising in wingwalking since 1987 and have a 100% safety record. They also operate one of the best known and loved civilian air display acts, currently known as the Breitling Wingwalkers - a regular at airshows throughout Europe, China and the Middle East as well as displaying at events in Japan, India and even as far away as Australia.
The Wingwalking Experience
Following a full instruction and safety briefing, each Aerobility Wingwalker will be flown by one of the AeroSuperBatics wingwalking display pilots, taking to the skies on the top wing of a biplane and experience an exciting series of flypasts, zoom climbs, steep dives and banks in front of the family and friends you bring along on the day.
Each wingwalking experience lasts approximately 10 minutes.
We plan to make it a fun event for all your friends and family supporting you, and create a real party atmosphere throughout the day.